A lot of people aren’t satisfied with a job in America. What is the reason? Someone doesn’t like a work shift, someone dreams about own company, also most of the people would like to earn more or just know how to save money effectively. So if you feel stuck or want to change something in your career I want to suggest several books that may help you to do it.
- Adam Grant, ‘Give And Take’. The main point of this book is that new opportunities come through new people. Meet new people, make new friends to make your way in your career.
- Randy Komisar, ‘The Monk And The Riddle’. The author gives tips on how to make money in the first twenty years of his career and after enjoying life and making the world better.
- Clay Christensen, ‘How Will You Measure Your Life’. The author encourages to believe in new opportunities and in yourself. If you have a dream you are able to make it real.
- Cal Newport, ‘So Good They Can’t Ignore You’. The main idea of this book is – Where you work is less important than how you perform your work. If you do your work with passion, you will never feel a lack of money.
- Carol Dweck, ‘Mindset’. The author describes two kinds of mindset: fixed and growth. Each of them helps us to be successful in our career but we constantly have to improve and change each of them.
- Roman Krznaric, ‘How to Find Fulfilling Work’. Do you want to be more inspired? Do you want to fall in love with your job? Then this book is for you. You will find several tips on how to stay excited about your job.
- Jocelyn K. Glei, ‘Maximize Your Potential: Grow Your Expertise, Take Bold Risks & Build an Incredible Career’. Come out of the comfort zone and you will see a completely new world. Are you scared? Don’t worry, this book will help you to become a bold person and get a new incredible career.
- Kerry E. Hannon, ‘Love Your Job: The New Rules for Career Happiness’. Want to be happy? Then it is pointless to have a job that you hate. Even if it brings a lot of money. Be honest with yourself. Your happiness depends just on you.
- Arianna Huffington, ‘Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder’. You work a lot and don’t have time for family? You would rather have a family dinner than have one more meeting but the work takes all free time? Arianna Huffington will try to help you find work-life balance. To be happy.
- Napoleon Hill, ‘Think and Grow Rich’. Really good written tutorial on how to become successful.
- Megan McArdle, ‘The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success’. Do you think you made a mistake when you picked up your current job? So it is never late to change something and Megan McArdle knows how.
- Jessica Bacal, ‘Mistakes I Made at Work: 25 Influential Women Reflect on What They Got Out of Getting It Wrong’. Sometimes people afraid to change something in their lives. This book is a good action plan on how to get rid of all your fears.
- Joe Sweeney, ‘Moving the Needle: Get Clear, Get Free, and Get Going in Your Career, Business, and Life!’. Feel stuck or lost in your life? Here is a new source of motivation. Always look at the bright side.
- Laura Berman Fortgang, ‘Now What? Revised Edition: 90 Days to a New Life Direction’. Want to get a new life in 90 days? Here is a way how to make it real. Just kill it.
- Stephen R. Covey, ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change’. Stephen R. Covey is convinced that every successful person needs to have 7 special habits. He describes how to develop these habits and to be extremely effective.
So follow your gut feeling, if you have dreams, make it real. You have to be happy because you deserve it. Hope these books will help you.